WHAT AM I LEARNING?
- I am learning to respect my reader by writing as neat as I can and trying to write all of my own words!
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN I HAVE DONE THIS?
- I will have tried to write my neatest!
- I will have tried to write every word by using the sounds I can hear, the words and chunks of words I know and by finding words around the room!
- After each writing session Ben has a feedback session in which his writing is evaluated, he is then asked to score his writing according to his goal, 1 being he did not do his goal at all, 5 being that he achieved his goal. He was then asked what his next step would be to either get a 5 or get another 5. After scoring a 5 5 times Ben and I worked together to pick a new goal.
STUDENT'S NEXT STEP?
- "My new goal should be to write longer stories with more detail!"
- Ben's attitude to his writing has improved greatly, when he is engaged and focused he is finishing and producing work of a much higher standard, this happens more often when he works independently. Fantastic work Ben, I look forward to seeing how you do on your next goal.